Saturday, August 11, 2012

Down with some virus.

Clearly Me. Not the computer.

It's been five days and it shows no plans of diminishing. Quite a persistent thing this virus. I went to the doctor and he took throat swabs and sent it for testing and all and apparently it's just something I have to sit out and maybe have some painkillers till then. What's with the doctors here anyway? Family Dr. Uncle back home would have looked at my throat, given me an instant diagnosis (heck if he was in a good mood, he'd throw in a drawing of what was going on!) and prescribed medicines to have me up and running in atleast three days.

It's been a while since I took so many days off sick. I clearly remember the last time. It was during the swine flu panic. I duly fell ill and worried everyone in the family. After about 4 days of the same symptoms, mom took me to go get tested. We stood in a huge line with so many people coughing and sneezing, I was pretty sure if I didn't have that flu till then, I would get it there. So would a lot of us. I had been given a mask and I was wearing it feeling embarrassed, being good and not spreading my sneeze, when the man behind me sneezed. Toward me. Openly. No attempt to cover. I snapped. I gave him a good ol' angry talk about how he should be more considerate and use a handkerchief at the very least. I think he protested a bit and then shut up.

You must be familiar with the sab chalta hai attitude of my countrymen. No? It's when there's a sign that says 'no spitting' decorated with red spit marks. I guess this was a more serious situation so he decided to keep quiet.

Anyway, luckily I got to the front of the line that day. Waited a week for the results and luckily again, tested negative.

I hope I get better sooner :( Being sick is terrible. There are a lot of things I'm missing out on [that's a post for another day ;)] My head always feels like its lugging around some invisible rock. My throat feels like it grew a little garden in there overnight, only it's full of thorny bushes.


:(



No comments: