Sunday, September 14, 2008

Feeling like a child today

No the worries did not disappear.
Neither did the unacknowledged fear.
But I felt like a child today.
I giggled, I grinned, I smiled.
The way it was as a child.
Seems so long since I felt this way!

Reminds me of the song of yesteryear:
Main zindagi ka saath nibhaata chala gaya
Har fikr ko dhuein mein udaata chala gaya.

I volunteered for an event at CRY recently. We had a street play near an anganwadi and also had children of the community performing to current popular songs. It was fantastic! A treat to the senses. I will link you to the details of the campaign once I get hold of the newspaper article which will sooooon be out. But meanwhile I can only tell you what fun it was to help these kids learn the 'steps' for the dance, get them ready for what was possibly their very first public performance, and watch them dance beautifully. (It was their innocence that bought me the beauty.) It was wonderful, to say the very least. 

And then of course the post event celebration :) Dancing with the stars I will call it. And then the pack of stars attacked me when they saw I had a packet of chocolates. 

I also met some great new people, refreshed my life just a tad bit. Yay!



1 comment:

Piyush Sethia said...

Cheers to the stars :) and to you :)